Monday, September 22, 2008

Happy Birthday Maggie!

Our beautiful daughter turned 2 this weekend. Maggie is growing so fast, learning so much and we couldn't be prouder. We had extended visits from both sets of grandparents over the past week. We enjoyed trips to the park, Chuck E Cheese, and lots of family meals. The girls certainly loved all the extra love and attention, and we enjoyed having our parents together in our home.

The birthday celebration was a weekend long affair. Saturday during Maggie's nap, we filled her playroom with balloons and set up her big present from us. The pretend kitchen, which was stocked with play food and dishes she had previously received, was a huge it. Later that afternoon, our friends the Treats came over for Maggie's birthday dinner. I dusted off my Wilton tools and made an Elmo cake for Maggie, which was a running theme of this year's birthday. I did Elmo's face free hand and was thrilled with the way it turned out, especially given my limited artistic skills. After dinner, and hyped-up on sugar, Maggie and Camilla chased the balloons around and had lots of laughs. It was hard to tear Maggie away from her new toys at bedtime, but as we were turning out the lights and giving kisses Maggie said, "Nite-nite Birthday!"

During church Sunday, I noticed that one of Maggie's two-year molars had arrived, right on schedule. My baby is quickly becoming a little girl, full of spunk, kindness, wonder, determination and love. I am so grateful she chose me as her mom.

At the park with g-ma

Hanging with Chuck E

Wow!

My first ride


Elmo-destructo...left-overs are yummy!

We'll worry about the metal in the microwave lesson later.

6 comments:

Katie said...

That cake is awesome! I'm very impressed. I love the kitchen set too. Might need to get one of those in a few years :)

Sarah said...

Nite-nite birthday. That is so sweet! You did an axcellent job on the Elmo cake. Looks like the birthday girl had a great one!

Beth Flynn said...

The cake looks great!! It looks like she had a great time.

Tracy said...

Looks like a great time was had by all! Nice cake too! So hard to believe that Maggie is 2...where does the time go?!?!?

Stay at home mom Stephanie said...

Nice job on the cake and the kitchen is every little girl's dream kitchen. Too cute. I sure miss the cute little girly stuff that we are not going to have around here. I can't believe how time flies Peg. She is already 2? Wow just hard to imagine.

Katie said...

Great job on the cake Peggy!