Saturday, June 13, 2009

Refresh and Recharge in AZ

I had the extreme fortune to get a five-day break from my kids last week! I cashed in some of those dusty frequent flier miles and flew (first-class) to Phoenix. It has been three years since I was in the airport alone, an eternity for someone who used to fly 75,000 miles a year. As I moved through the airport, ascending the long escalator to concourse B, I felt layers of "Mommy" melt away. There was something about flying, connecting to that old life of mine, that was especially grounding.

Upon arrival in Phoenix, I was immersed in another world. A world where the only person I had to take care of was myself. A place with no schedule; where dinner is eaten at 8 pm. A life of pedicures, shopping, and lounging by the pool. My friend Patty, a teacher who is off for the summer, was my tour guide on this journey. Oh, how my soul was fed!


P.S. Thanks mom and dad for watching my girls!

2 comments:

Rachel Brady said...

You deserve it! I'm glad you guys had so much fun. :-)

Stay at home mom Stephanie said...

I am jealous!!!!