Friday, January 22, 2010

How is it Jan 22nd?

We have had an unusual month in the Farwig household. Maggie was back at school from the holidays just one day, when we had a snow day. Then she came down with a pretty bad cold and missed another week's worth of activities. The following Monday was MLK day, so when I finally dropped her off at preschool today, it had been two and a half weeks since she'd been there. Needless to say, she was a little anxious about returning to school and had lots of tears at separation. But when I picked her up, she excitedly announced, "I LOVE preschool!" while jumping up and down.

The month has also been spent doing home improvement projects. We had some new windows installed, and I finally got some curtains up in the family room. The girls also spent a weekend with Grandma and Grandpa in Dayton, so Jim and I could get the nursery ready. We decided the beige strips the previous owners painted would look great with our neutral safari bedding, so we kept them. All we need to do now is pick up the extra crib we're borrowing from friends and the room will be ready!

Earlier this week, Maggie had an overnight with her cousin Bixie at Grandma and Grandpa's house. Claire sure missed her big sister while she was gone and kept asking, "Where did Mani go?" Maggie had a great time with her cousin, playing dress-up and going to the Boonshoft. When I met my mom and dad to pick her up, Maggie threw her arms around me and said, "I missed you Mommy!" We weren't home five minutes and Maggie says, "I miss Bixie!"

While it was nice to hibernate a little when we had snow earlier this month, I am glad we're finally getting back into a routine. It's been gray and rainy for days, I'm really looking forward to Spring!

Sleep-overs are fun!

No comments: