Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Baby girl is 6 months!

It's hard to believe Anna is six months old! The first half of her first year has just flown by! Anna checked in at 17 lbs (75th percentile) and 26.5 inches (80th) at her appointment today. She's growing steadily along her curve, but remains the smallest baby we've had. She might actually get to stay in the infant car seat for most of this first year.

Anna is a total joy! She is pretty easy going, probably by necessity. She has been so patient as I've struggled with breastfeeding supply in recent weeks. Anna will play by herself contentedly while I'm tending to the needs of her big sisters. Her face lights up and she grins from ear to ear when she's showered with love from Maggie and Claire. She is super snuggly when she's sleepy and I am treasuring the way her tiny head sits in the crook of my neck.

Anna wasn't so sure about this whole solid food business in the beginning, but is now an enthusiastic eater! She loves squash, sweet potatoes, apples and oatmeal. Anna prefers to hold the spoon and feed herself. She must have gotten the idea from Claire who constantly says, "I do it my own self!" It's funny, this is the third time I've started solids with a baby and I feel like I've forgotten everything! I am keeping it simpler this time and (gasp) am buying Anna's baby food. I just do not have the time for the pureeing food/ice cube tray freezing routine I did with Maggie and Claire. Hopefully, she won't hold it against me!

As soon as Anna becomes more steady in her sitting, I'll be taking her for some chunky-baby-in-a-diaper portraits. In the meantime, here are some mealtime highlights.


1 comment:

Katie said...

What a sweetie! She seems so much bigger than even when we saw her at the park! And, no gasp needed on the buying baby food part. Other than the occasional avocado or banana, I bought all baby food. Cuddling and snuggling and playing = much more fun that freezing baby food :)