Thursday, July 17, 2008

Maureen's Blessingway

During the trip to Ohio, my friend Deanna and I hosted a baby shower for our friend Maureen. We had afternoon tea at Churchill's Tea Room in downtown Cincinnati. Instead of a traditional baby shower, we gave a Blessingway for the mom-to-be. Maureen's friends and family offered prayers of support and words of love and encouragement for the birth. We each picked a bead which symbolized our relationship with Mo and our prayer for her. The beads were made into a necklace which she can wear for the remainder of her pregnancy and during labor if she chooses. I received one during my blessingway for Maggie and drew on it's strength during both of my labors. It is a wonderful symbol of the power of friendship.

Besides support and prayers, Mo received lots of great gifts too!

No comments: