Friday, April 3, 2009

We're In!

We have moved into our new house and are slowly getting settled. The move went pretty well, but it is such an exhausting process. I'm glad I don't have to do it again any time soon! Naturally, we had a few unexpected things come up like rooms with missing outlet covers (they took the decorative ones and left us with nothing) or a yard full of leaves with no grass underneath. Thankfully we have a generous relocation package with P&G which helps cover such surprises. It seems like everything takes a little longer than you expect, whether it's hanging curtains or unpacking boxes, the presence of two toddlers really slows you down. We still have to hang pictures, get some curtains and do all the things to make this house our home, but we've made a lot of progress in just two weeks.

We are slowly getting settled and into a routine again. The girls are adjusting very well and Maggie keeps saying, "My new house is good!" Our new music class started this week. It's nice to get back into that activity with the girls, especially since Claire has started "dancing". I'm looking forward to finding a story time and exploring the local parks once the weather gets nice. It is certainly great to be back in Cincinnati and close to family and friends!

Maggie meets the new house...

3 comments:

Anne Haber said...

Welcome back!! I hope we can get together soon. You were so right about having two so close together, but I'd say we are adjusting well. Give me a call when you have a moment. Anne

Alison Treat said...

Glad things are going well. Camilla was looking at your blog and said, "I want to go to Maggie's house again." I had to explain that the old Maggie's house is no longer where you live. And last week when we went to a play group she asked if Maggie was going to be there. :-( Miss you!

Teresa Greenlee said...

Peggy!!

Welcome back to OHIO!!! I'm so happy you all are getting settled! Can you shoot me your new email address/home address/phone? I'm sure things are crazy right now, but we'll have to get together sometime in the near future!

Thanks!!