Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Hi Nurse!

I finally made it to the Wyoming Co. Family Resource Center today. I have been wanting to go for months now and finally had the chance this morning. The center has a lending and learning library where you can borrow educational toys free of charge. There were so many cool toys it was hard to choose just a few. One of the toys was based on the nursery rhyme "The Farmer in the Dell." There was this giant piece of cheese which, when unzipped, revealed puppets of all the characters from the song. Maggie and I had a blast with this toy today, playing with the puppets and singing. She called the farmer "Daddy" and the wife "Mommy" which was too cute. She even learned to say the word "Nurse" while we were playing, which melted this R.N.'s heart!

I was able to catch this video where Maggie greets the nurse, the wife and the rat/mouse."

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Oh my, she's so cute!