Friday, August 22, 2008

Life in Maggie Land

A few updates on Maggie's recent antics and adventures. Her vocabulary is just exploding and I can barely keep up with all her new words. The joy on her face when she says a new word, and we understand it, is priceless. My favorite sentence she says all the time is "Mommy hot neck." This came about because over the summer I would say, when putting her hair in a pony tail, "It's a hot day, we need to get the hair off your neck." Now I hear Maggie's version of that every time I put my hair up, which is daily because seriously, who has time to style? She is also obsessed with our wedding video and when she saw Aunt Beth's lovely updo she declared, "Aunt Beth hot neck."

One of Maggie's other little tricks is taking off her diaper at night or after a nap. You can imagine the amount of laundry this leads to as she has yet to actually use the potty. So I stole this innovative idea from the family next door. I bought some of those old-fashioned vinyl diaper covers and diaper pins. I pin her pajama shorts and top together, through the diaper cover, on each side. Three night in a row and she's not escaped!

Maggie really enjoys that Claire has become more social. When Claire laughs, smiles or grabs Maggie's shirt, she just giggles and giggles. Just a sneak peak at all the fun they will have together.

We have lots of busy weekends coming up, blueberry picking tomorrow, the county fair next weekend, and a weekend on the Jersey Shore at the beginning of September. So stay tuned for lot of pictures in the weeks to come.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I remember seeing a thread on CincyMoms where the woman was looking for 3T onesies because her child was doing the same thing, but with onesies on couldn't get to the diaper. There was some brand that carried that size :)