Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Pillow case for Claire

My first sewing project is "Mommy and Me" aprons for the girls and I. My apron is completed, although I need to make an adjustment before I'll call it done. I'm about half way through with Maggie's apron, which I plan to give to her for her birthday. Since this is my first attempt at sewing outside of class, it is taking me a painfully long time to complete this project. I wanted some instant gratification the other night, so I made a pillow case for Claire's toddler pillow. I used the pillow case my Mother-in-law made for Maggie as a template and was pleased with the way it turned out. I loved the birds on the print and the fabric is soft and cozy, great for resting a little head. Only 20 days left to finish Maggie's apron. The pressure is on!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Nice!!! I love that fabric.