Thursday, February 4, 2010

Gaining independence

After lots of lazy days in PJs, getting dressed became quite the struggle for Maggie. So a couple of weeks ago, Jim and I created a new rule that before coming downstairs for breakfast everyone would get dressed. I think I'm having a harder time adjusting to the new rule than Maggie, as I love having breakfast in my pajamas. The new rule is super effective, though, and has mostly eliminated our morning battles and, as a result, the tone of our day is much more positive.

This morning, I went to wake up Maggie and she was up, PJs in the hamper, diaper in the trash and was picking out her clothes. This was the ensemble she chose. Look at how she's beaming with pride!

1 comment:

Elaine Flynn said...

Did she get her sense of style from Mommy or Daddy?? Now the test will be when she has to go to preschool or music class. Will you be able to let her go out of the house in her choice of clothes?

I hope you get a pass on the new rule when the new baby comes?

Mom