Saturday, December 13, 2008

One of the things I'll miss

Since we moved to PA, I've often felt like I've had one foot there (Ohio) and one foot here. Never truly present, or fully engaging. I knew this was a short assignment and I would be returning to my home and my friends one day. Don't get me wrong, I've still been busy living life here - raising kids, making friends, being active in our community. It's just that so much of me was homesick that I often struggled to appreciate what was right in front of me. Now that the end of our time here is within sight - only a few flips of the calendar away - I am starting to take note of the things I'll miss. I'm sure I'll blog more about this in the months to come but this is exhibit A.

The view from my kitchen at dusk

1 comment:

Alison Treat said...

You just had to bring up how CLOSE it is, didn't you? I was trying to ignore it. Now excuse me while I cry . . .