Monday, December 8, 2008

Where Did November Go?

To Ohio, that's where! The girls and I spent three weeks in Ohio in November. Jim had a business trip near my birthday, and we were planning on going for Thanksgiving, so we just extended the trip. So much happened in the three weeks, I don't know where to start. The girls enjoyed being showered with love from Grandma and Grandpa during our visit. Maggie had great strides in her lanquage, counting, and potty-use. Claire improved her scooting abilities and got most everywhere she wanted to go from a sitting position. The built-in babysitting was a huge plus and allowed me to catch up with lots of friends, enjoy a romantic birthday dinner with Jim, and even start on some house-hunting!

MawMaw and PawPaw came in from St. Louis one weekend to visit the girls. We also had quality time with Aunt Beth, Uncle JJ, Aunt Xanthe and Cousin Bixie over Thanksgiving. Other highlights include: a trip to the new Crate and Barrel, a pizza party with the Smiths and Dierufs, bringing dinner to the Haber's and meeting their new daughter Amanda, helping to host Katie's Blessing Way, and a visit with my oldest friend Teresa and her daughter Anna. I call Teresa my "in-utero friend" since our mothers were pregnant at the same time and I've know her literally my entire life. She made her own "in-utero" announcment and is expecting baby #2 this summer.

We survived the 11 hour car ride thanks in part to a new portable DVD player. Despite both of us loathing them before we became parents, it certainly was a godsend for our 2 year old. Hopefully, we will only have to make two more of those long trips, one for house-hunting and one when we move back. Not that I'm counting or anything?!

I'm sure my parents collapsed in exhaustion after we left. Since they've retired, I don't think they are used to the 7 am wake-up calls my children bring with them. Thanks Mom and Dad for letting us descend on your house and wreak havoc for three weeks. We had a wonderful time!

Charlie, Lauren and Maggie enjoy some Dewey's pizza
The men enjoy Guitar Hero

Lounging around with Bix

Posing for some holiday pictures

Katie's Blessing Way

Teresa practicing for life with 2. Congrats!


No comments: