Monday, December 15, 2008

Two Teethers

Having two under 2 was just as much work as "they" said it would be. Having two in diapers is busy and expensive. But I never could have known how insane my life could get. Having two children that are teething is beyond exhausting. Maggie is miserable as she waits for her last top molar to come in. The first one arrived over the weekend and the next one is close. Claire was up every three hours last night, and at 8 months and 20+ lbs, I don't think she was hungry. I'm blaming her wakefulness on those bottom choppers just near the surface. All mommy wants for Christmas is some sleep!

5 comments:

Jenni, Jim, Evan and Julia Kershaw said...

Peggy - maybe "All I Want for Christmas is My 2 Front Teeth" was actually originated by a mother as "All I Want for Christmas is My Kid's Remaining Teeth"!!

Sarah said...

I hope you get your sleep soon. I cannot imagine two teething at once.

Anonymous said...

Dear Peggy,

Grandma Rankin would have suggested some good whiskey rubbed on the girls gums. Then she probably proceed with a CC on the rocks for herself!! :-)

Seriously, I hope you can get some rest. Your tea suggestion has certainly helped me.

Night, night!
Love
Mom

Jim and Elaine Flynn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anne Haber said...

Once again, thanks for providing a window into my oh so close future. :) I hope you get some rest very soon!